We are seeking applications for the position of Shahriah Advisor. Interested candidates meeting the following criteria are encouraged to apply online.
· Provide internal Shariah Advisory support to the management in its day to day running of Islamic Banking business and operations.
· Define, develop and review bank’s Shariah related frameworks and policies with reference to rules regulations, guidance and international Shariah standards.
· Participate in structuring and Shariah vetting of proposed products and legal documents and also provide feedback to the respective business units.
· Develop, implement and promote Shariah compliance culture within the organization and assist business support in preparing relevant Shariah training programs for the management and staff as on required basis.
· Any other task assigned by Management.
Minimum Bachelor degree Preferably MBA/MS in Islamic Finance or equivalent from HEC recognized institution with:
‘Shahadat ul Aalamiyyah العالمیۃ) (شھادۃ Degree (Dars e Nizami) from any recognized Board of Madaris with minimum 70% marks.
Post Graduate Degree in Kuliyyatush Shari’ah (کلیۃ الشریعۃ) or Kuliyyah Usooluddin (اصول الدین کلیۃ ), L.L.M. (Shari’ah) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent from any Recognized University.
Experience and Eligibility:
· The Shari’ah scholar members must have at least four (4) years’ experience of giving Shari’ah rulings including the period of Takhasus fil Ifta; or at least five (5) years post qualification experience in teaching or Research and Development in Islamic Banking and Finance. Preference will be given to those who have certificate in Takhassus fil Fiqh/Takhasus fil Ifta.
· Adequate understanding of banking and finance in general and Islamic finance in particular;
· Strong skills in Islamic jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh), as he must know the appropriate Fiqh methodologies for deriving juristic opinion
· Good comprehension understanding of Arabic and English language
Job Location: Presently Bahawalpur to be shifted to Islamabad in near future.